Produce brick-oven-worthy breads in your own kitchen!
For crusty Italian or French-style loaves, you can rely on our Long Covered Baker. The domed lid and clay walls trap steam generated from baking and mimic a steam-injected oven to make a crispy, crackly crust, and moist, chewy interior. Pan perfectly cradles a 3-cup-of-flour loaf as it rises. Simply cover with the lid, and bake.
- 14½" x 5" x 7" (with lid)
- Made of porous clay
- Made in the USA
- Coat the inside of your pan with neutral oil before each use; a nice patina will develop over time. Additionally, sprinkle a thin layer of cornmeal or semolina into the bottom of the oiled pan to prevent sticking.
- Oven-safe up to 450°F; OK to place room temperature pan into preheated oven. Pan is not freezer-safe. It won't withstand extreme temperature changes from refrigerator to hot oven or vice versa.
- Let pan cool completely before cleaning. Hand-wash with warm water only — do not use soap as stoneware will absorb it
- Not for use under a broiler or on the stovetop. It's not necessary nor recommended to soak pan in water before use.
- Set your pan on a trivet when not in the oven to prevent scratching of kitchen tables and counters.